- Where have all the students gone? Worcester's enrollment drop a mystery, finances a concern
- > Feb 4, 10:31 AM: Buoyed once again by federal pandemic aid, the school district is facing a manageable budget season, a preliminary fiscal 2023 budget presentation at the School Committee’s Thursday night meeting showed.
- Parents flood Wisconsin private school choice enrollment, crash state website
- > Feb 2, 6:51 AM: It’s the latest snapshot of just how many parents in Wisconsin want to explore educational options for their kids. Tuesday was the first day for parents to enroll in the state’s Private School Choice Program. By midday,
- Republican lawmakers plan legislation to break up MPS, expand vouchers to all students in a proposal to overhaul K-12 education
- > Jan 31, 7:36 AM: Republican lawmakers plan to propose a sweeping package of legislation to overhaul K-12 education in Wisconsin that would break up the state's largest school district within two years and expand private-school vouchers to
- More private schools registered in state private school choice programs
- Jan 31, 6:27 AM: The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction reported an increase in private schools participating in the state’s three private school choice programs, according to a news release.
- Lawmakers introducing bill aimed at voucher school funding transparency
- Jan 26, 7:08 AM: Two Wisconsin lawmakers are introducing a bill that would show residents how much money comes out of their taxes for voucher schools.
- How the Milwaukee School Choice Program Inspired a National Movement
- > Jan 25, 9:11 AM: In 1990, the Milwaukee School Choice Program served only 341 students at seven schools. Last year nearly 29,000 students — 1 in 4 Milwaukee school children —used it to attend 129 private schools.
- Kevin Nicholson, likely GOP candidate for governor, wants to close 'failing' schools
- > Jan 21, 6:49 AM: Low-performing schools in Wisconsin would be forced to close under a plan to overhaul K-12 education put forward by Kevin Nicholson, a Republican who is expected to announce this week he is running for governor.
- A charter school with all-day outdoor education in the middle of winter
- > Jan 18, 8:01 AM: Almost all of the lessons at the Kickapoo Valley Forest School are held outdoors, even on days when the temperature plunges well below freezing. The nature-based curriculum is central for the 4K and kindergarten students
- Opinion: Pandemic shows need to trust parents with school options, including virtual school
- > Jan 12, 6:32 AM: Learning never paused in these schools, not in 2020 or since. Teaching and learning went right on even as so much else changed. This is the beauty of online learning with family commitment, school district support and
- KUSD votes to give families virtual option
- Jan 4, 6:29 AM: The Kenosha Unified School District (KUSD) voted on Monday to give the option of virtual learning for elementary and middle school students.
- New public charter school opens application for 2022- 2023 school year
- > Jan 3, 9:04 AM: Central Sands Community High School in Fancher is now accepting applicants.The new public charter school will be accepting 75 students for the 2022-2023 school year. Students interested in applying should be entering ninth
- Milwaukee Public Schools will temporarily transition to virtual learning due to influx of COVID-19 cases among staff members
- Jan 3, 6:37 AM: Milwaukee Public Schools will temporarily transition to virtual learning, beginning Tuesday, according to a Sunday night announcement. The district's goal is to resume in-person learning Jan. 10.
- Kettle Moraine School District will start a virtual charter school next year. Here's how it will work.
- Dec 29, 8:55 AM: Kettle Moraine School District plans on adding a public virtual charter school, called KM Connect, as another education option for the district beginning in fall 2022.
- $1 million donation will support renovations at One City Schools' future campus
- > Dec 22, 8:34 AM: A $1 million donation from the W. Jerome Frautschi Foundation will be put toward renovating an office building into One City Schools’ planned K-12 charter school in Monona, according to a Tuesday announcement.
- Stevens Point school board adds 12th grade at Point of Discovery charter school as enrollment numbers increase
- > Dec 20, 10:28 AM: Two years after school district leaders flagged Point of Discovery's declining enrollment, the school will expand for the third time in three years to allow another high school grade. The expansion plan came in response to
- Mequon recall organizers explore charter school; ethics commission dismisses complaint against group that backed incumbents
- > Dec 17, 8:20 AM: Six weeks after recall efforts failed to unseat any school board members in the Mequon-Thiensville school district, recall organizers are back with another idea: exploring a potential new charter school for the North Shore
- Commentary: Stop playing politics and release the federal funds public schools needed a year ago
- > Dec 14, 9:19 AM: In May of this year, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) put forward a fair and common-sense plan for allocating federal ESSER III funds (funds allocated by Congress for COVID relief) that was rejected by
- Evers announces $110 million education investment
- Dec 2, 12:04 PM: Gov. Tony Evers on Thursday announced a $110 million investment in education thanks to federal coronavirus relief funds.
- Wisconsin pandemic aid plan hasn’t gotten federal approval, leaving some school districts in limbo
- > Nov 30, 9:22 AM: In May, Republicans in charge of Wisconsin’s Joint Committee on Finance voted to send $114 million in federal stimulus money only to public schools that were open in-person for most of last school year. They said it was a
- Virtual schools see continued growth beyond pandemic reasons
- Nov 19, 7:36 AM: Virtual schools around north-central Wisconsin are hitting their enrollment caps and continuing to steadily grow.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- The Daily Tribune 100%
- WMSN-ITV 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Badger Herald - Online 17%
- Leader-Telegram 17%