- Santa Fe Public Schools offers a full menu of options for students through fall open enrollment
- > Nov 29, 7:30 AM: Santa Fe Public Schools has launched a new tradition this year — fall open enrollment. Previously offered in the winter, students and families this year have been invited to select their school of choice by Jan. 31. It’s
- Albuquerque election blow to teacher’s union, victory to biz
- Nov 4, 5:58 AM: The teachers union in New Mexico’s largest city will have fewer friends on the school board next year, after three school board candidates won Tuesday’s election without union support.
- Most business-backed APS candidates edge out union picks
- Nov 3, 7:26 AM: A slate of business-backed candidates was winning three of four races for Albuquerque Public Schools Board of Education seats, according to unofficial results Tuesday night.
- Unions, school bus company, trade blame in Las Cruces strike
- Oct 29, 8:29 AM: Unions and a school bus company blame each other for a school bus driver strike that shut down much of the public school transportation serving 3,500 students in Las Cruces.
- New Mexico public education secretary-designate outlines plans for lawmakers
- > Oct 5, 8:10 AM: New Mexico’s new public education secretary-designate, Kurt Steinhaus, has big plans for the state’s public school system, which has struggled with declining enrollment, teacher vacancies and low student proficiency
- Face to Face with JoAnn Mitchell
- > Sep 27, 9:11 AM: A 25-year teacher, school psychologist and administrator who has taught elementary school, worked as a principal in public schools and at a juvenile detention facility, and tutored inmates in a maximum security prison in
- Report: Students in New Mexico are far behind in learning due to coronavirus pandemic
- Sep 27, 9:03 AM: On average, at-risk New Mexico students were already over half a year behind in learning before COVID-19.
- Opinion: APS should support student choice
- > Sep 17, 8:35 AM: Albuquerque students who choose to attend traditional district schools or charter schools are all public school students in our city. It’s time for adults to stop making false divisions between traditional district schools
- APS school board postponed proposed new charter school moratorium
- Sep 2, 11:31 AM: Albuquerque Public Schools wants the state to stop building more charter schools but at Wednesday night’s school board meeting, there was plenty of pushback on the idea.
- Lawmakers concerned about extended learning time
- > Aug 25, 10:22 AM: State lawmakers expressed concern Tuesday about a large number of public schools that aren’t participating in programs extending classroom time to help improve outcomes for students and address the 2018 ruling in the
- Legal review: Some New Mexico charter school admission policies may be discriminatory
- > Aug 23, 1:14 PM: A private law firm’s partial review of charter school admissions practices found some state-funded institutions in New Mexico are violating state rules by requesting information about prospective students’
- Several New Mexico schools shift to remote learning model
- Aug 16, 3:54 PM: A number of schools in New Mexico will move to a remote learning model, over the next two weeks, due to rising positive COVID numbers.
- Desert Sage Academy becomes Santa Fe school district’s only online option
- > Aug 4, 11:23 AM: Braden’s incoming pupils — guided by a crew of fewer than a dozen teachers and support staff — will include all ages. Some will be in the building; others at home. Some may have an interest in computer science or robotics;
- Growing enrollment expected at local private school
- > Jul 30, 9:19 AM: Superintendent Rick Rapp, who also serves as pastor at the affiliated Gateway Church International, said that enrollment at Chaves County’s largest private school now totals 410 for kindergarten to 12th grade, up from 375
- Over 100 students enrolled in Las Cruces newest charter school opening in August
- > Jul 28, 2:24 PM: Explore Academy Las Cruces, the cities newest charter school is preparing to open its doors to students across the community, just in time for the upcoming school year. Casedy said what makes their charter school unique,
- N.M. schools budget only 9 percent of federal relief funds to address learning loss
- > Jul 23, 4:06 PM: New Mexico students paid dearly as a result of school closures brought on by the coronavirus pandemic. By some estimates, students may have lost up to a year of learning. But instead of devoting big hunks of federal relief
- Proposal for new Santa Fe charter school draws support
- > Jul 23, 4:03 PM: A proposed Santa Fe charter school focused on science, the arts and social-emotional learning — and founded by former employees of the public school district — received strong support Thursday during a hearing before the
- State Network Lets Schools Share Online Courses
- > Jul 22, 10:50 AM: During the pandemic, the Public Education Department required school districts to offer online learning options, but that won’t be the case this coming school year. Still, some students may prefer it. On Wednesday, the
- Innovate ABQ parochial school to become bioscience lab
- Jul 16, 10:53 AM: Shovels could break ground early next year to turn the two-story parochial school attached to the old First Baptist Church Downtown into a modern bioscience lab for startup companies.
- Most New Mexico students will spend more time in school next year
- May 24, 6:09 AM: About 60% of New Mexico K-12 students will spend additional time in school next year based on preliminary reports of expected participation in the state’s two extended-learning-time programs.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- KRQE.com 100%
- Ruidoso News - Online 75%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- AlbuquerqueNews.net / KASA.com 33%
- Silver City Sun-News - Online 33%