- Make the Charlestown Innovation and Inclusive High School proposal the proving ground for students
- Dec 22, 9:51 AM: Our vision is about demonstrating that it is possible to support every student. It is about setting aside the false choice between success in an exam school and failure in an open-enrollment school.
- Opinion: Make the Charlestown Innovation and Inclusive High School proposal the proving ground for students
- Dec 20, 6:44 AM: Our vision is about demonstrating that it is possible to support every student. It is about setting aside the false choice between success in an exam school and failure in an open-enrollment school.
- Siphoned resources or innovative model? State hears arguments for, against new charter school
- > Dec 17, 7:44 AM: Opponents of a proposed new charter school raised concerns about siphoning resources away from traditional public schools while backers of the school lauded its early college model during a public hearing on Wednesday.
- New Bedford's Mayor Mitchell opposes charter school proposal in letter to Massachusetts Gov. Baker
- Dec 15, 9:51 AM: New Bedford Mayor Jon Mitchell and Fall River Mayor Paul Coogan have sent a letter to Gov. Charlie Baker today, detailing their strong opposition to the proposed Innovators Charter School.
- Schools see unexpected enrollment dip for 2nd year
- > Dec 14, 6:58 AM: Superintendent Jennifer Willard told a joint budget roundtable meeting of town officials from Southwick, Tolland and Granville on Thursday evening that the regional school district has seen a significant decline in
- Excel Academy Charter Schools Selected for Program to Expand Educator Diversity Work
- > Dec 9, 6:27 AM: In the Excel Academy Charter Schools of East Boston and Chelsea, 88% of the 1,389 students identify as people of color, while 46% of staff do. With new funding and dedicated support to increase educator diversity within
- Parents, teachers push for prompt transition to elected Boston school committee
- > Dec 7, 9:25 AM: The Boston School Committee is responsible for managing Boston Pubic Schools’ annual operating budget, hiring and overseeing the superintendent, and regulating policies and practices within city schools. Members of the
- Opinion: New Fall River, New Bedford charter school will pave the way to college success
- > Dec 2, 7:02 AM: The young people of New Bedford and Fall River possess boundless potential. They dream of becoming tomorrow’s epidemiologists, computer scientists, and biomedical engineers. They deserve an education that will prepare them
- Atlantis Charter students pair business and tech in school store of 3D printed items
- Dec 1, 9:23 AM: Students at Atlantis Charter School are getting a lesson in entrepreneurship and technology as they run a school store selling items they made themselves using 3D printers.
- First-graders play catch-up this fall, after missing out on in-person kindergarten
- > Nov 29, 8:19 AM: As a result, teachers said, first-graders showed up this fall with more uncertainty and anxiety than usual, and far less familiarity with basic classroom etiquette like sharing, taking turns, listening, and sitting still.
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Battle for America's Classrooms
- > Nov 22, 9:59 AM: The teaching of race in American schools has become a front-burner political issue. New laws regulating curricula have passed from coast to coast, and education was a dominant topic in Virginia’s recent gubernatorial
- As teacher COVID-19 rates rise, unions support in-person learning but push for stronger mitigation measures
- > Nov 22, 9:28 AM: Amid rising COVID-19 infections among school staff members in Massachusetts, local and statewide teachers union leaders say they continue to support in-person learning, but urge state leaders to strengthen mitigation
- Boston enrollment down 2,000 students even while state numbers stayed the same
- > Nov 19, 9:13 AM: He said several factors are driving the decline including lower birth rates, smaller home sizes, increasing housing costs and the impact of the pandemic. An outlier to the issues have been private and Catholic schools.
- Teachers union criticizes state for refusing to count remote days at Curley School during outbreak
- Nov 17, 6:22 AM: "The state should not be playing politics around school schedules or gambling with the health of students and their families."
- Opinion: New charter likely to approved by state, certain to be condemned by community
- > Nov 8, 10:19 AM: As students and families are seduced to exit their public schools, the operating costs in these schools remain the same. This proposal is just more of the same looting of the public school system that we have seen with
- New mayor will face challenges with BPS
- > Nov 4, 5:57 AM: While by many standards, including high school graduation rates and college matriculation, the schools are doing well relative to other large urban districts, deep inequities have long plagued Boston’s school system.
- Closing BPS middle schools leaves some children school-less
- Oct 27, 5:56 AM: As Boston follows through on plans to phase out middle schools, parents at three Boston elementary schools are unsure where their children will study next year.
- Tensions flare as teachers make counter offer
- Oct 26, 6:36 AM: In the middle of a strained and highly emotional bargaining session last Monday, the Gloucester Teachers’ Association came to the table with another counter offer for the School Committee.
- Atlantic Charter School in Fall River holds Thumbs Up Thursday, Book Character Parade
- Oct 26, 6:03 AM: Events such as these are meant to build trusting relationships between students and the Fall River PD by promoting positive interactions within the Atlantis community.
- Column: Mayoral candidates keep missing the assignment when talking about Boston public schools
- > Oct 26, 5:52 AM: The lack of nuanced and meaningful debate from the two Boston mayoral hopefuls about the profound issues facing the Boston Public Schools has been one of the most disappointing aspects of this historic race.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- Christian Science Monitor 100%
- MetroWest Daily News - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- Harvard University Gazette - Online 0%
- Haverhill Gazette - Online, The 0%