- Guest commentary: School choice is the key to better education for kids
- > Nov 24, 9:08 AM: I do believe very strongly that if we truly care about our children in America, then we need to offer each one of them a very high-quality education, whether it be in a public, private, charter or parochial school.
- Ducey heralded funding vouchers to avoid COVID-19 restrictions in schools. The reality is much different
- > Nov 23, 7:35 AM: Gov. Doug Ducey earmarked $10 million in federal funds for the vouchers and said “we’re going to bolster it up to meet the need” of so many applications. Three months later, the Governor’s Office has approved just 93 of
- Study: Arizona school-choice measures saved taxpayers $1.2B
- Nov 18, 10:43 AM: Arizona’s Empowerment Scholarship Account program has saved taxpayers more than $1 billion and as much as $3.2 billion, according to a national study on school-choice programs.
- Governor Ducey Invests $1.25 Million To Support Mentorship, Family Programs
- Nov 10, 9:51 AM: Governor Doug Ducey announced an investment of $1.25 million to support mentorship programs for at-risk youth and training programs for parents of underrepresented families.
- Opinion: Local Control and Parental Involvement Make For Good Schools
- > Oct 28, 5:39 AM: At some level, Attorney General Merrick Garland can be excused for being ignorant about two of the most important influences in determining successful schools. However, teachers in all schools should feel embarrassed for
- Charter Schools in Arizona Employ Flexibility and Innovation to See Record Enrollment.
- > Oct 26, 5:25 AM: This fall marks 27 years since the first public charter schools opened in the Grand Canyon state and, despite the uncertainty brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic over the last 18 months, charter schools in Arizona are
- Covid relief money to fund new teacher program
- Oct 26, 5:08 AM: A graduate residency program is the latest effort to chip away at state's teacher shortage and combat high turnover.
- Scholarships given to low-income families, students living with disabilities
- > Oct 19, 8:10 AM: Academic Opportunity of Arizona, a non-profit group, awarded hundreds of full-tuition scholarships to lift the financial burden of private school, providing more opportunities for children from low-income families or those
- Traditional public or charter schools? Tucson area parents discuss their experiences
- > Oct 19, 5:33 AM: It’s one of the biggest decisions that parents can make: where to send their children to school? In Arizona, parents often choose between traditional public schools and charter schools. Both are public schools, funded by
- Feds tell Ducey he can't use COVID money for anti-mask grants
- Oct 6, 9:24 AM: COVID grant dollars cannot be used to penalize schools that impose mask mandates, a key federal official is telling Gov. Doug Ducey.
- Micro-schools are being established in Arizona: What you should know about the new learning format
- > Oct 5, 9:48 AM: As classes take place at a public school in Mesa, learning was also taking place inside the walls of a home right across the street. Inside the home, kindergartners were busy working on their daily tasks with their teacher
- Critics Blast Arizona's School Voucher Offer As A Way To Avoid Mask Mandates
- Sep 28, 9:06 AM: Arizona's governor is promising families who want to opt out of school mask or vaccine mandates vouchers to cover private school tuition. That money is coming from federal COVID-19 relief funds.
- Interest in Arizona voucher system surges among parents against mask mandates
- Sep 27, 9:24 AM: Arizona Gov. Greg Ducey (R) is offering $7,000 in federal COVID-19 relief funds to parents whose children's school requires them to wear masks, KJZZ reports.
- Some families enjoy flexibility of remote learning
- > Sep 22, 8:57 AM: For 13-year-old Olivia Lupeika, her bedroom doubles as her classroom. Since January, the eighth-grader has been a student at Arizona Connections Academy, an all-virtual school. Olivia's parents decided to pull her out of
- Opinion: Public schools now costlier than college
- > Sep 14, 10:25 AM: Arizona public schools just hit a major milestone — they’re officially more expensive than the full freight tuition cost of sending a child to college at a four-year university here in the Grand Canyon State.
- School board limits extracurricular activities to district students
- > Sep 10, 11:21 AM: If you want to home-school your kids –Enroll them in a private school;Or stick them in one of those full-time online programs;Don’t expect to play football for Payson High School. Or march in the band. Or act in the plays.
- Supt. Hoffman ‘extremely frustrated’ over Gov. Ducey’s school vouchers program
- Sep 9, 2:04 PM: Arizona’s top public schools official is concerned over a new private school vouchers program the governor created for parents who oppose school COVID-19 restrictions.
- ‘Money talks’: Voucher applications for Arizona families against COVID-19 protocols outpace current
- Sep 8, 3:16 PM: A school voucher program announced by Gov. Doug Ducey last month is seeing more applications coming in than money currently earmarked for the program can fund.
- What COVID-19 safety policies look like at some of Arizona’s largest charter schools
- Sep 7, 3:46 PM: As many Arizona students have returned to in-person learning this fall, schools have developed a range of COVID-19 safety policies, from mask mandates to small-group recess.
- School Mask Debate Tests Arizona’s Governor, a Pandemic Pincushion
- Sep 1, 12:07 PM: Gov. Doug Ducey, a Republican who is not allowing schools to impose mask mandates but is a vocal supporter of Covid vaccinations, has been battered from all political sides.
Overall rating for
Best Performing Outlets
- East Valley Tribune 83%
- Daily News-Sun - Online 83%
Total media outlets:
Worst Performing Outlets
- White Mountain Independent 17%
- Holbrook Tribune-News - Online, The 25%