- The education group putting big money into this D.C. election cycle
- Jun 7, 9:28 AM: The group, often at odds with teachers’ unions, has historically backed candidates who support mayoral control of schools and those who would advocate for robust charter sectors.
- Teachers unions worked with CDC to keep schools closed for COVID, GOP report says
- > Mar 31, 9:20 AM: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention allowed the nation’s second-largest teachers union to help write COVID-19 guidelines that led to extended school closures during the pandemic, according to a report released
- As SCUSD teacher strike continues, concern grows for students with individualized education programs
- Mar 31, 8:59 AM: As Sacramento City Unified teachers, staff and union organizers continue to strike, concern from parents whose students need extra help in the classroom is growing.
- Students Return to Minneapolis Schools After Historic Three-Week Strike
- Mar 30, 9:21 AM: The deal to end a three-week strike – the first for the 30,000-student district in half a century – features pay raises, caps class sizes and includes layoff protections.
- Minneapolis students back in class after teachers strike: ‘We’ve got a lot of learning to do’
- > Mar 30, 8:56 AM: Students returning to Lake Harriet Lower Community School on Tuesday were greeted with hugs and high fives, balloons and a "red carpet" made of long rolls of scarlet paper. "Welcome back" banners hung near the door and the school's
- Column: This teachers’ strike is not just about money. It’s about respect for public edu
- Mar 30, 8:42 AM: From school closure protests in Oakland to Sacramento’s all-in strike, those who work in our schools are telling us they cannot do this job under the conditions we are imposing.
- Lawmakers tweak teacher union law in an attempt to skirt likely free speech violation
- Mar 29, 9:35 AM: Indiana lawmakers are continuing an effort to change how teachers pay union dues through paycheck deductions with a new law. It tweaks previous legislation that a federal judge said likely violated the constitution.
- Teachers group files ethics complaint against Kentucky lawmaker after charter school bill vote
- Mar 29, 7:58 AM: An organization that advocates for public school teachers and other employees said Monday it filed an ethics complaint against a Northern Kentucky state lawmaker.
- As Monday looms, no resolution in Sacramento teacher strike
- Mar 28, 8:46 AM: Sacramento City Unified School District officials continued twin talks with bargainers from the teachers and classified staff unions Sunday as negotiations on a new labor pact ground through the weekend.
- Striking Sacramento teachers union slams district for rejecting invite from state superintendent
- > Mar 28, 8:32 AM: A day after Sacramento City Unified superintendent rejected State Superintendent Tony Thurmond’s offer to bring district and union officials together to resume negotiations, union leaders sent a scathing email criticizing district
- Minneapolis teachers, district reach deal to end strike
- Mar 25, 8:34 AM: Minneapolis Public Schools posted on its website early Friday that a tentative agreement has been made with union teachers and education specialists.
- Chicago Teachers Union sues Lightfoot ally, accuses her of interfering in union’s elections
- Mar 25, 7:55 AM: The Chicago Teachers Union has filed a lawsuit against a former top advisor to Mayor Lori Lightfoot over her role in a social media campaign supporting challengers to the current union's leadership team.
- Editorial: About those 5 lost school days in CPS…
- > Mar 25, 7:46 AM: It’s a sore spot with educators that they lost pay, but it’s their union that chose a walkout — really, an illegal strike. What’s worse, though, is that children lost days of teaching that they won’t fully get
- Parents bring children to work since strike sparks Sacramento school closures
- Mar 25, 7:26 AM: Parents bring children to work since strike sparks Sacramento school closures.
- Thousands of Sacramento teachers strike as Minneapolis walkout continues
- > Mar 24, 8:22 AM: Thousands of teachers and other school workers in Sacramento walked off the job Wednesday as the California capital became the second big U.S. school district this month to see a work stoppage over pay and staffing shortages as a
- National Education Association president visits Lexington, expresses concern over charter school bil
- > Mar 24, 7:37 AM: After spending 31 years in a public school classroom, Becky Pringle has serious concerns about House Bill 9, and others like Kentucky’s charter school bill, which passed through the state House of Representatives on
- ‘I feel sad’ | The consequences of school closures
- > Mar 24, 7:17 AM: Sacramento City Unified School District closed all schools on Wednesday due to a districtwide teacher's strike. The school district serves more than 40,000 students on 75 campuses. When schools close, everyone is impacted. The
- Sacramento families scramble to find where to leave their kids ahead of teachers strike
- > Mar 23, 5:32 AM: With Sacramento City Unified School District teachers and other staff members officially going on strike starting Wednesday, thousands of parents across Sacramento have had to scramble to make arrangements for where to leave their
- GOP candidates, including two former teachers, slam Minneapolis teachers union
- Mar 22, 9:07 AM: Republican candidates slammed the Minneapolis teachers union's "excessive demands" as the teacher strike extended into its eleventh day on Tuesday.
- No deal struck in Monday negotiation as Sacramento teachers strike looms
A looming teachers strike that would impact 43,000 Sacramento students and their families is another day closer. After returning to the bargaining table on Monday for hours of discussion, a deal has not been reached between the >
Mar 22, 8:27 AM: