- AFT confirms BCS teachers, staff were planning walkout amid rising COVID cases
- Jan 25, 8:46 AM: WBRC received an anonymous tip Sunday night saying teachers and staff were planning a walkout Monday in response to the growing number of COVID cases among students, teachers, and staff.
- No COVID safety deal reached between Oakland Unified, teacher’s union after hours of negotiating
- > Jan 25, 6:08 AM: Teachers with the Oakland Unified School district are not going on strike Monday but it remains a possibility. The Union is upset with the current COVID safety measures and has not been able to come to an agreement with the
- Pritzker vetoes teacher COVID-19 leave measure, announces similar initiative with unions
- > Jan 25, 6:06 AM: "This collaborative initiative will provide paid administrative leave for education employees who, despite doing all they can to keep themselves and their communities safe, continue to have their lives and livelihoods disrupted by
- Thousands of Oakland teachers threaten to strike over COVID safety protocol
- > Jan 21, 9:04 AM: Teachers say they want to keep schools open, but want to ensure they are safe for teachers and students amid the latest COVID surge. Union representatives and the district say they plan to meet through the night Thursday and if an
- Teacher Unions Used Pandemic to Funnel Millions to Divisive Political Groups
- > Jan 20, 10:04 AM: America’s largest teacher unions have funneled millions of dollars to divisive political movements as well as mostly Democratic political candidates, using the pandemic and their political influence to advance policies outside of
- Minneapolis teachers union moves one step closer to strike
- > Jan 20, 6:54 AM: After a vote on Tuesday, the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers is a step closer to a strike. During a meeting, the joint executive board of the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers and Education Support Professionals voted
- Jeanne Allen: Chicago parents aren’t done fighting against the teachers union
- > Jan 19, 10:47 AM: Despite receiving billions of taxpayer dollars in federal COVID-relief funding to do precisely that, large urban school districts were unable to handle challenges that they’ve had plenty of time, experience and again, money, to
- Commentary: School closures have been made with politics in mind — not science
- Jan 19, 10:42 AM: The long-term closing of schools, and the harm it did to children nationwide, was a decision based not on health, but on politics — thanks to teachers unions and the Democratic politicians they fund.
- Why the Chicago Teachers Union Always Gets What It Wants
- > Jan 18, 9:35 AM: For the fifth time in 10 years, the Chicago Teachers Union shut students out of the classroom this month. Covid mitigation policy was the reported reason for the recent four-day walkout in the nation’s third-largest school system,
- Chicago Teachers Union’s illegal strike is over, but parents sue to stop next one
- Jan 18, 8:08 AM: But a group of CPS parents alleging the “remote work action” called by the CTU members was actually an illegal strike are seeking a court ruling to prevent similar labor actions in the future.
- Montgomery Co. Public Schools teacher’s union votes no confidence; council holding emergency s
- > Jan 14, 9:36 AM: The Montgomery County Education Association, which represents thousands of Montgomery County Public School teachers, announced on Thursday that out of nearly 7,000 members voting in a day, around 94% voted "no confidence" in both
- NH Teachers Union Blasts State Ed Board Rule Limiting Remote Learning
- Jan 14, 7:08 AM: Under the rule changes finalized by the board Thursday, schools can only use remote learning for weather events such as snowstorms, and when parents request the online-learning option.
- Chicago teachers approve deal to end walkout over COVID safety protocols
- Jan 13, 6:21 AM: The vote, which passed with 55.5% approval, came as students returned Wednesday, in some cases returning to schools where dozens of teachers were out.
- Opinion: Don’t confuse good teachers with teachers unions
- > Jan 12, 9:51 AM: I am not ashamed. I want to remain with my students—in-person—nurturing them and helping them grow into the best versions of themselves. There are thousands and thousands of other teachers out there across the country who feel the
- Opinion: Bipartisan anger over Chicago Teachers Union should be channeled into lasting change
- Jan 12, 9:50 AM: The current outrage over the unions holding children and parents hostage shows that everyone — even Democrats — are fed-up with unions robbing children of their education and compromising their future.
- Arizona teacher’s union blasts Ducey’s state-of-the-state address
- > Jan 12, 7:01 AM: Arizona’s largest teacher’s union is blasting Gov. Doug Ducey’s state-of-the-state address Monday. They say he offered no plan or support to keep schools open for in-person learning amid the state’s highest recorded numbers of
- Baton Rouge teacher union demands schools go virtual because of COVID, calls for shutdown
- > Jan 12, 6:38 AM: A teacher union in Baton Rouge is trying to shut down public schools in town Wednesday after the local school district failed to agree to demands to shift immediately to virtual instruction districtwide and return to in-person
- Opinion: Randi Weingarten Still Wants Schools Open
- > Jan 11, 10:20 AM: Chicago, Weingarten insists, is an anomaly. The city “looms very large, as it always does, but it is one district in which there was a teacher-union-called job action,” she said. “There are plenty of places where teachers are
- Editorial: The standoff over school closings in Chicago only hurt the children
- Jan 11, 10:13 AM: At issue were concerns about whether it is safe for students, teachers and staff to return to schools for in-person learning as the highly contagious omicron variant drives record infections.
- Chicago Teachers Union clears way for in-person classes to resume Wednesday in Chicago Public School
- Jan 11, 9:40 AM: A proposal for Chicago Public Schools to resume in-person classes Wednesday has been approved by the Chicago Teachers Union’s House of Delegates following a contentious weeklong standoff.