- Hundreds of families have already applied for new Missouri tax credit scholarships
- Jul 11, 7:38 AM: Some Missouri parents can now apply for scholarships for their children to attend private schools or other alternatives to their local public schools. And hundreds already have.
- New scholarship program gives Missouri students more school choice
- Jul 11, 7:32 AM: The MOScholars program helps more families afford private or specialized education.
- A Small Victory for School Choice
- Jul 11, 7:23 AM: A concerted effort by committed parents, educators, and elected officials kept the Biden administration from unduly restricting charter schools.
- Arizona OKs biggest US school voucher plan, faces challenge
- Jul 8, 9:22 AM: The expansion Ducey signed will let every parent in Arizona take public money now sent to the K-12 public school system and use it to pay for their children’s private school tuition or other education costs.
- Budget would leave billions unspent, boost education funding
- Jul 8, 9:20 AM: A program that gives tax credits in return for private school tuition would see an increase of 45%, to more than $400 million.
- Ducey signs new school voucher law, opponents launch campaign to stop it
- Jul 8, 9:18 AM: A proposal to let all 1.1 million Arizona students use taxpayer-funded vouchers to attend private school was signed into law Thursday, but opponents are aiming to let voters decide whether it ever goes into effect.
- Charter School Foundation awards scholarships
- > Jul 8, 9:03 AM: The Charter School of Morgan Hill Foundation has awarded scholarships to graduating high school students who are alumni of the Charter School of Morgan Hill, for use in their pursuit of undergraduate degrees at their chosen
- Biden’s Parent Council is a joke
- Jul 7, 6:06 AM: The Biden administration sees the writing on the wall when it comes to parents who are dissatisfied, concerned, and even angry about the state of their children’s education.
- Arizona Is Just the Beginning for Universal School Choice
- > Jul 7, 5:51 AM: The state’s 1.1 million students will soon have access to state-funded education savings accounts (ESAs), giving their families $6,400 that they can spend at any school they please — public, private, homeschool, or
- Arizona leads on education reform with school choice law
- Jul 7, 5:35 AM: Last month, the Arizona Legislature approved the most sweeping school choice law of any state in the nation. It’s worth paying attention to.
- Opinion | Virginia Breaks the School-Choice Barrier
- > Jul 5, 8:56 AM: Parents haven’t let up in their push for greater school choice, and Virginia reflects the growing momentum. The state’s latest budget includes funding for new flexible public schools meant to meet the demand for
- Supreme Court decision may impact school funding in Idaho
Among the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent string of far-reaching decisions was a less-discussed opinion that could pave the way for religious schools to receive public funds.
Jul 5, 8:42 AM:
- ‘Gold standard of educational freedom’: Ducey to grant school choice for 1M Arizona students
- Jun 30, 3:21 PM: Arizona is poised to become the first state with a universal school choice program once Gov. Doug Ducey (R) signs legislation he says will "transform" the state and serve as an education model for the nation.
- SCOTUS ruling on school funding vouchers could have impact on Pa. education future
- > Jun 30, 1:46 PM: PA is once again considering a school voucher system that would enable parents in the bottom-performing 15 percent of school districts to use a scholarship account for any school of their choice to use on tuition, tutoring, and
- Arizona’s New Law Funds Students, Not Just Government-Run Schools
- Jun 29, 3:07 PM: Arizona's new law should make alternative school arrangements more accessible than ever to families interested in educating their kids instead of funding bureaucracies.
- Arizona extends school choice to all K-12 students
- > Jun 29, 3:05 PM: Empowerment Scholarship Accounts empower families with the freedom and flexibility to customize their child’s education. Arizona families can currently use ESAs to pay for private school tuition, tutoring, textbooks, homeschool
- Alabama school choice advocates encouraged by SCOTUS ruling
- Jun 29, 2:59 PM: School choice advocates in Alabama say they are encouraged by a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision on private and religious schools and state funding.
- Arizona Extends School Choice to All K-12 Students
- > Jun 27, 8:37 AM: Empowerment Scholarship Accounts empower families with the freedom and flexibility to customize their child’s education. Arizona families can currently use ESAs to pay for private school tuition, tutoring, textbooks, homeschool
- Carson v. Makin Puts Religion and Charter Schools on the Table in Connecticut
- > Jun 27, 8:27 AM: A recent U.S. Supreme Court decision requiring states to extend funding for private school vouchers to include religious schools will not immediately affect Connecticut, but has the potential to reshape the state’s charter schools
- New era for school choice in Indiana begins Monday
- > Jun 27, 7:59 AM: The Indiana Education Scholarship Account (ESA) program offers maximum flexibility to families who choose to opt out of traditional schooling in favor of funding their own appropriate education programs and services for their