- Editorial: Chicago’s stellar selective enrollment schools must be protected from attack
Public high schools like Lane Tech College Prep, Gwendolyn Brooks College Preparatory Academy, Jones College Prep and Northside College Prep are sources of pride in this city, and rightly so.
Mar 15, 9:14 AM:
- ‘Tebow Bill’ gets benched again in Virginia
- Mar 4, 9:24 AM: Supporters of the ‘Tebow Bill’ say parents continue to pay taxes for public school despite more students being homeschooled now because of the pandemic.
- More Minnesota families turned to private schools in pandemic’s third school year
- Feb 28, 8:12 AM: Minnesota private school enrollment surged last fall as students entered their third school year under coronavirus pandemic restrictions.
- Private Grand Rapids school system sees 27.5% enrollment increase amid planned campus expansions
- Feb 3, 9:57 AM: Amid a roughly 27.5% increase in enrollment over the past year, a private Christian school system in Grand Rapids is expanding its primary and secondary campuses to accommodate growth and better serve its students.
- Ronald Reagan’s favorite Chicago School continues to thrive despite the odds
There is a school on the West Side of Chicago in the middle of the violence and poverty that wholeheartedly rejects this lowly view of blacks. Since 1969, Providence St. Mel School has pursued academic rigor and, in 2019, the >
Feb 2, 9:30 AM:
- Judge: Parents who withdrew kid from private school over remote learning to get 50% refund
- Jan 31, 7:20 AM: A family will only receive half of the reimbursement it demanded from a Louisville private school after withdrawing their daughter because it wasn't holding in-person classes, a judge has ruled.
- Chicago Private and Charter Schools Receive $5 Million to Expand Enrollment (CER in the news)
- > Jan 26, 9:41 AM: The ongoing conflict between Chicago Public Schools and the Chicago Teachers Union has some parents looking for different school options for their children, and philanthropy has stepped in to help them find alternatives to the
- Thank you, Meek Mill — a phrase I never expected to say | Jenice Armstrong
- > Jan 21, 8:33 AM: I don’t blame Meek, Hart, and Rubin for choosing to help kids attend private schools. It’s hard, even for me, an advocate of public education, to have much confidence in the Philadelphia School District these
- Schools with mask mandates go remote while mask-optional private schools continue in-person
- > Dec 10, 7:01 AM: The Illinois State Board of Education has school districts without COVID-19 mask mandates on its naughty list. The private schools listed continue in-person learning. No such list exists for the public schools complying with masks
- New York Religious Schools Face a Vaccine Mandate. Will They Fight It?
- Dec 6, 9:27 AM: Mayor Bill de Blasio set a vaccine mandate for religious and private schools. Jewish and Catholic leaders are frustrated, and some have predicted legal challenges.
- American Rescue Plan funds available to support Virginia private schools
- Dec 2, 6:20 AM: A teacher-led rally against hybrid learning in Simcoe County high schools had around two dozen people voicing their concerns out in the cold on Wednesday. afternoon in south-end Barrie.
- Private Schools May Miss Out On Federal Covid Relief Funds
- Nov 29, 8:30 AM: Qualifying private schools in Hawaii are eligible to tap into $10.3 million in federal Covid-19 relief funds to help offset the cost of cleaning supplies or personal protective equipment for staff.
- Christian schools note growing enrollment as parents seek alternatives to public schools
- > Oct 26, 4:59 AM: Like many private religious schools, Colorado Springs Christian Schools stayed open after mandatory closures lifted last spring, while still following public health practices, such as installing air filtration systems and stepping
- For months, California private schools have been waiting for ‘emergency’ Covid aid
- > Oct 25, 8:07 AM: Recognizing that all schools were struggling with Covid, Congress offered help this year for private along with public schools. The $5.5 billion for non-public schools was small compared with the $230 billion in pandemic relief for
- Is There a Lack of Diversity in Private Schools?
- > Oct 21, 8:37 AM: As millions of people took to the streets last year to protest for racial justice across America, Black students began to relay stories about what they experience in private schools on a popular Philadelphia-area platform called
- Christian schools note growing enrollment as parents seek options to curriculum, pandemic disputes
- Oct 18, 5:50 AM: Parents noticed that the pandemic’s typical seesawing between live classroom instruction and remote learning didn’t seem to be happening at faith-based schools.
- Private school voucher program enrollments increase after DeSantis signs bill
- Sep 30, 8:17 AM: Several of the private schools Channel 3 spoke to say they've seen a significant increase in the number of students coming to their private schools with vouchers. To the point that some of them currently have a waitlist.
- Norwich Free Academy Launches ‘Learning Labs’ to Address Pandemic Learning Impact
- Sep 23, 8:39 AM: With that goal of learning acceleration, NFA launched learning labs. The labs focus on math and English and are designed to help students who were doing well before the pandemic, but then began to struggle.
- How Much Does Private School Cost?
- Sep 15, 8:52 AM: The average annual tuition among America’s 22,440 private K-12 schools is $12,350 as of August this year, according to EducationData.org. But behind that average is a very wide range of numbers
- CNY private schools will use some pandemic learning strategies during future school years
- Sep 14, 10:19 AM: There are things the schools learned throughout the pandemic that they are taking with them in the future. Technology is a big one.