- Micro Schools providing parents with alternative option for kids education
- > Mar 25, 8:20 AM: Most of us use our kitchens to cook, or maybe enjoy a meal, but others, like Stefanie Miller, are using theirs, as a classroom. They’re called Micro-Schools, a form of homeschooling with groups of up to ten kids. It’s being ran by
- 5 things you didn’t know about micro schools
- > Mar 16, 9:36 AM: Last year, micro schools were just a temporary stop-gap to provide social interaction for kids and child care coverage for parents until schools could reopen, but as families search for flexibility post-pandemic, micro schools are
- Cut the Regulations and Allow Microschools To Flourish
- Mar 15, 9:57 AM: Traditional districts should leverage microschools to move beyond their one-size-fits-all model that is breaking under the weight of parental preferences and priorities.
- By a hair, WV delegates continue advancing ‘microschools’ of unlimited size
- Mar 11, 7:45 AM: These pods and microschools would generally be unregulated under the bill, Senate Bill 268. But, like charter schools and public schools, public money will be
- House Ed backs bill paving way for ‘learning pods’ and ‘microschools’
- > Mar 9, 9:20 AM: Last month, the West Virginia Senate passed a bill that would put into law definitions of “learning pods” and “microschools.” They would be yet another type of public school alternative in a state that just legalized charter
- Black mothers in Phoenix create microschools to provide alternative learning
- > Feb 23, 9:18 AM: Five years ago, a group of African American women in Phoenix called the Black Mothers Forum came together because they wanted to create a safe and supportive learning environment for their children — something they felt was lacking
- Mysa school seeks permanent home
- > Feb 23, 9:08 AM: Mysa is a nonprofit whose pedagogy is based on individualized, hands-on learning. Its application states the school anticipates growth to 30 students and four full-time staff members over the next three years, though elsewhere in
- Senators expand definitions of learning pods, micro schools
- Feb 22, 9:50 AM: An attempt by Republican members of the West Virginia Senate to expand capacity for micro schools and learning pods became a debate over public versus private education.
- Dayton startup wants to fill the gaps in educational environment
- > Feb 14, 10:01 AM: Just Like Me Presents currently provides supplemental teaching materials and a condensed curriculum to parents, teachers and organizations. Person’s goal for 2022 is to open a 30-student class for grades K-2 in her downtown space
- Micro school offers alternative learning experience amid pandemic challenges
- Feb 14, 9:45 AM: Eight-year-old Alice Flores is showing off a new way of learning in the classroom. With interactive menus, colors and a kid-friendly layout, Flores is excited to begin today’s lesson.
- ‘Micro-Schools’ Grow In Popularity Amid Student Exodus From Public Schools
- > Feb 8, 9:27 AM: Born amid the COVID-19 pandemic, minimalist by design, their founders say these mini-schools may be small in size but they’re large in curriculum scope, offering individualized instruction in a safe, politics-free
- Microschools Have a Big Future
- > Jan 28, 9:18 AM: After nearly two years of uncertainty and lost ground, a lot of families have turned their backs on the schoolhouse doors. Maryland's public schools are only the latest to report that the exodus of students seen last year continued
- Pandemic burnout has some Arizona teachers leaving for micro-schools
- Jan 28, 7:53 AM: With fewer students and more flexibility, micro-schools attract teachers ready to leave public schools for something new.
- As COVID Closed Arizona’s Classrooms, Black Mothers Launched Their Own Microschools With Focus
- > Jan 26, 9:34 AM: The Forum’s approach to learning has caught the attention of Arizona Governor Doug Ducey in a state where high school graduation rates hover about 8 percent below national averages and less than half of the graduating class went on
- Why families and teachers are turning to micro schools
- Jan 18, 7:26 AM: Micro schools are gaining popularity in the Phoenix area as families search for flexibility and teachers express overwhelming stress due to conditions brought on by the pandemic and the never-ending coronavirus variants.
- Memphis mother starts her own micro school for cultural identity, social emotional learning
- Jan 13, 6:08 AM: "For me, education is about learning versus knowing. I don’t think there’s an endpoint or an arrival,” said Lab School of Memphis founder Coi Morrison.
- Adamo micro school enrolling FH students
- > Jan 12, 6:43 AM: Micro schools gained traction in Arizona in 2020 and 2021 as schools closed for the pandemic. Tamara Becker, Founder and CEO of Adamo Education, said she wants to ensure that families still have flexible education options
- Southwest Denver Micro School fostering cultural pride with curriculum
- Dec 28, 9:40 AM: La Luz Education launched in the fall of 2021 with a group of sixth grade Hispanic/Latino students. The school aims to prioritize social and emotional learning.
- Microschools grow exponentially amid pandemic in Arizona
- > Dec 22, 8:08 AM: Our Learning Curve series continues as we look at a new trend that’s taken off for thousands of K-8th grade students across Arizona. They’re called "Microschools," and they were around before the pandemic, but have now grown in