- Kentucky lawmakers explore expanding KEES money for homeschool students
Lawmakers are actively considering a proposal to allow homeschooled children to receive the same amount of KEES money traditional students can earn.
Sep 21, 10:14 AM:
- Private, homeschool enrollment on the rise in RI
Public school students are back in the classroom with no COVID-19 restrictions for the first time since 2019, but private schools in Rhode Island are reporting record enrollment and homeschool co-ops are also on the rise.
Sep 20, 7:28 AM:
- Homeschooling growth continues following pandemic
Likely sparked by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, the trend of parents and families entering into the homeschooling arena continues to grow as an alternative form of education.
Sep 15, 6:56 AM:
- Public School Withdrawals to Homeschool Rise 40%
According to the most recent data released by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) in an open records request to the Texas Home School Coalition (THSC), withdrawals from public school to homeschool in the spring of 2021 were 40% up >
Sep 14, 5:04 AM:
- New Hybrid School In Mustang Offers Students, Parents Learning Opportunities
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, many families have turned their homes into classrooms due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sep 14, 5:00 AM:
- Black families turned to homeschooling during pandemic—and are sticking with it
During the pandemic, the rates of families that home-schooled their children doubled, according to the most recent report released by the U.S. Census. In Black or African American households, the change was especially dramatic, >
Sep 14, 4:57 AM:
- Report shows rapid growth in Kentucky nonpublic education enrollment
It’s back-to-school time across Kentucky, and a report released Wednesday shows more kids are going away from public schools. More than 58,000 students were enrolled in a private school, and more than 39,500 were homeschooled. >
Aug 12, 9:17 AM:
- Interview: MS Dept. of Education reports more parents opt for homeschooling
The president of a local homeschooling association board, joined WTVA 9 News TODAY to talk about the benefits of homeschooling and why more parents are choosing this option for their kids.
Aug 3, 8:08 AM:
- Homeschooling High School: Strategies and Opportunities
With careful planning, it’s possible to graduate high school early
Aug 3, 8:06 AM:
- After 2 years homeschooling using high school curriculum, boy, 13, graduates college with 3.78 GPA
- > Jul 19, 8:11 AM: He finished high-school algebra and geometry at 7, took trigonometry at 8, and enrolled at college three weeks after his ninth birthday for calculus classes and beyond, earning an associate’s degree in mathematics at the tender age
- The state took children from their parents — then failed to educate them
Michigan is catastrophically failing to provide many of the most vulnerable children in its care with a quality education, delaying some teenagers’ graduation by years or leaving them so frustrated that they drop out of school, >
Jul 13, 7:40 AM:
- Arizona Is Just the Beginning for Universal School Choice
- > Jul 7, 5:51 AM: The state’s 1.1 million students will soon have access to state-funded education savings accounts (ESAs), giving their families $6,400 that they can spend at any school they please — public, private, homeschool, or
- Judge Blocks West Virginia School Voucher Law
- Jul 7, 5:31 AM: Passed by the state Legislature and signed by Gov. Jim Justice last year, the law allows families to apply for state funding to support private school tuition, homeschooling fees and a wide range of other expenses.
- ‘Homeschool Awakening’: Families Across the Nation Opt Out of Public Schools Like Never Before
- > Jun 7, 8:06 AM: In the wake of recent school violence and the "woke" movement, families across the nation are looking at the benefits of homeschooling their children like never before. Actor and family advocate Kirk Cameron dives into this subject
- The effect of the pandemic on homeschooling
- > Mar 18, 8:25 AM: The COVID-19 pandemic has led to school closures in many countries around the world. Schools in the United States were closed for more than a year. While homeschooling is not a new concept, public education in the US was not
- Homeschooling, private school enrollment increase as public enrollment decreases
- > Mar 9, 9:17 AM: As a grassroots, volunteer-based organization that connects homeschoolers across the state, the Maryland Homeschool Association has been tracking data collected by the state education department on homeschooling rates for nearly 20
- Homeschooling oversight: With over 100,000 students in home school, NC lawmakers consider increased
- Mar 9, 8:54 AM: Homeschooling in North Carolina saw a big jump during the pandemic, with about one in 10 students now schooled at home.
- More Georgia families than ever are making the switch to homeschooling, data shows
- Mar 8, 10:01 AM: More families than ever are turning to homeschooling, according to United States Census data. Many have cited learning loss concerns and the whiplash of ever-changing policies.
- Parents who started homeschooling during the pandemic don’t want to send their kids back
- Feb 23, 9:11 AM: The number of homeschoolers in Florida has spiked in a dramatic way since the start of the pandemic.
- Home schooling nearly doubled in NYC during the pandemic
- Feb 18, 8:49 AM: Mirroring trends across the nation, the number of children being home-schooled has dramatically increased in New York City.