- Schools have spent little to address COVID learning loss
- > Jul 18, 8:02 AM: This despite data that indicates that learning slowed, especially among the youngest students, and gaps in achievement between Black and Hispanic students and their white and Asian peers widened during distance learning in
- NM needs to make all those education dollars work for kids
- > Jul 14, 9:41 AM: Change is hard, especially for large bureaucracies like New Mexico’s largest school district. But change is necessary at APS. That’s not just the Rio Grande Foundation’s view; it is the conclusion of the Legislative Finance
- Hawaii, the last state with an indoor mask mandate for public schools, will make masks optional.
- Jul 14, 9:25 AM: Masks will become optional in Hawaii’s schools when the new academic year starts on Aug. 1, as the state tries for “a more normal classroom experience this fall,” a state health official said.
- How Arizona Has Made Great Education Accessible And Sustainable
- Jul 13, 7:54 AM: The latest and most groundbreaking new law in Arizona allows 1.1 million public school parents to use their state tax dollars to choose the educational pathway they believe best meets the needs of their children.
- CA budget allots funds to teach kids financial literacy in K-12 schools
- > Jul 13, 7:03 AM: The funds will go to the California Department of Education to develop curriculum for financial literacy courses for K-12 schools. It is part of $3.5 billion granted to the Department of Education to develop curriculum on a number
- Arizona passes expansive school choice legislation
- Jul 12, 8:54 AM: Participating families can receive over $6,500 per year per child for private school, homeschooling, micro-schools, tutoring or any other form of education provided outside of a traditional public school system.
- $1 million “STOP for Arizona Education” Awards Established
- Jul 8, 9:25 AM: The STOP for Arizona Education Awards will be added to The Yass Prize competition that is currently open for applications until July 25, 2022.
- Arizona OKs biggest US school voucher plan, faces challenge
- Jul 8, 9:22 AM: The expansion Ducey signed will let every parent in Arizona take public money now sent to the K-12 public school system and use it to pay for their children’s private school tuition or other education costs.
- Ducey signs new school voucher law, opponents launch campaign to stop it
- Jul 8, 9:18 AM: A proposal to let all 1.1 million Arizona students use taxpayer-funded vouchers to attend private school was signed into law Thursday, but opponents are aiming to let voters decide whether it ever goes into effect.
- Charter School Foundation awards scholarships
- > Jul 8, 9:03 AM: The Charter School of Morgan Hill Foundation has awarded scholarships to graduating high school students who are alumni of the Charter School of Morgan Hill, for use in their pursuit of undergraduate degrees at their chosen
- Arizona Is Just the Beginning for Universal School Choice
- > Jul 7, 5:51 AM: The state’s 1.1 million students will soon have access to state-funded education savings accounts (ESAs), giving their families $6,400 that they can spend at any school they please — public, private, homeschool, or
- Masks will not required be in K-12 public schools for new school year in California
- Jul 7, 5:47 AM: The California Department of Public Health has issued new COVID-19 guidelines for the upcoming K-12 school year.
- Arizona leads on education reform with school choice law
- Jul 7, 5:35 AM: Last month, the Arizona Legislature approved the most sweeping school choice law of any state in the nation. It’s worth paying attention to.
- Supreme Court decision may impact school funding in Idaho
Among the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent string of far-reaching decisions was a less-discussed opinion that could pave the way for religious schools to receive public funds.
Jul 5, 8:42 AM:
- 'Gold standard of educational freedom': Ducey to grant school choice for 1M Arizona students
- Jun 30, 3:21 PM: Arizona is poised to become the first state with a universal school choice program once Gov. Doug Ducey (R) signs legislation he says will "transform" the state and serve as an education model for the nation.
- Arizona's New Law Funds Students, Not Just Government-Run Schools
- Jun 29, 3:07 PM: Arizona's new law should make alternative school arrangements more accessible than ever to families interested in educating their kids instead of funding bureaucracies.
- Arizona extends school choice to all K-12 students
- > Jun 29, 3:05 PM: Empowerment Scholarship Accounts empower families with the freedom and flexibility to customize their child’s education. Arizona families can currently use ESAs to pay for private school tuition, tutoring, textbooks, homeschool
- Charter schools, abundant in California, could be a Supreme Court target
- Jun 29, 3:04 PM: Experts disagree on whether the Court will take aim at charter schools.
- Arizona Extends School Choice to All K-12 Students
- > Jun 27, 8:37 AM: Empowerment Scholarship Accounts empower families with the freedom and flexibility to customize their child’s education. Arizona families can currently use ESAs to pay for private school tuition, tutoring, textbooks, homeschool
- Tucson Unified sees second year of high demand for summer courses
- Jun 27, 7:54 AM: Tucson Unified School District saw one of its highest summer school enrollment numbers this year, with more than 11,000 students in grades K-12 taking classes during June.