- Arizona school choice expansion debate continues
Under the expansion, any K-12 student in Arizona, who opts out of public school, would get roughly $7,000 to use each year for private school tuition, home education, tutors, or any other approved educational expense.
Sep 22, 9:25 AM:
- Signature Drive Seeking to Halt Implementation of Universal School Choice in Arizona
Still, a growing number of parents demand a more significant voice and stake in their children’s education, even if it means taking them out of the system to attend a private or charter school, or home school.
Sep 15, 7:04 AM:
- Opinion | Arizona a bright beacon for educational freedom
When Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey signed HB 2853 into law on July 7, more than 1.1 million K-12 students within the state were provided school choice. Opening the Arizona Empowerment Scholarship Account to all students is the landmark >
Aug 12, 10:15 AM:
- Opinion | Arizona can go even bolder on school vouchers. Here's how
For the citizens of Arizona, the educational futures of their students improved dramatically when Gov. Doug Ducey signed into law the expansion of the Empower Scholarship Accounts (ESA), making it possible for every parent – not >
Jul 28, 10:29 AM:
- Pitbull's SLAM charter school opens next month in Tempe
SLAM Arizona is a tuition-free, public charter school that will begin by offering grades kindergarten through 5th grade. After that it will change to grades K-12.
Jul 28, 10:14 AM:
- New Goldwater Report Reveals How AZ Public School Spending Surged During Pandemic
Unfortunately, these final months of the 2019-2020 school year now look less like an unprecedented disruption to K-12 education and more like the modest prologue to a nearly 2-year saga of previously unfathomable institutional >
Jul 27, 8:18 AM:
- Arizona’s education system is the gold standard for choice
In a historic move, Arizona expanded its ESA program to universal eligibility. Now, all Arizona children will have access to a wide range of educational options.
Other states must catch up.
Jul 22, 10:45 AM:
- Autism-focused charter school expands to West Valley
The Arizona Autism Charter School celebrated the grand opening of its Peoria campus Thursday. The school officially opens its doors on Aug. 1.
Jul 22, 10:31 AM:
- How Arizona Has Made Great Education Accessible And Sustainable
- Jul 13, 7:54 AM: The latest and most groundbreaking new law in Arizona allows 1.1 million public school parents to use their state tax dollars to choose the educational pathway they believe best meets the needs of their children.
- Arizona passes expansive school choice legislation
- Jul 12, 8:54 AM: Participating families can receive over $6,500 per year per child for private school, homeschooling, micro-schools, tutoring or any other form of education provided outside of a traditional public school system.
- $1 million “STOP for Arizona Education” Awards Established
- Jul 8, 9:25 AM: The STOP for Arizona Education Awards will be added to The Yass Prize competition that is currently open for applications until July 25, 2022.
- Arizona OKs biggest US school voucher plan, faces challenge
- Jul 8, 9:22 AM: The expansion Ducey signed will let every parent in Arizona take public money now sent to the K-12 public school system and use it to pay for their children’s private school tuition or other education costs.
- Ducey signs new school voucher law, opponents launch campaign to stop it
- Jul 8, 9:18 AM: A proposal to let all 1.1 million Arizona students use taxpayer-funded vouchers to attend private school was signed into law Thursday, but opponents are aiming to let voters decide whether it ever goes into effect.
- Arizona Is Just the Beginning for Universal School Choice
- > Jul 7, 5:51 AM: The state’s 1.1 million students will soon have access to state-funded education savings accounts (ESAs), giving their families $6,400 that they can spend at any school they please — public, private, homeschool, or
- Arizona leads on education reform with school choice law
- Jul 7, 5:35 AM: Last month, the Arizona Legislature approved the most sweeping school choice law of any state in the nation. It’s worth paying attention to.
- 'Gold standard of educational freedom': Ducey to grant school choice for 1M Arizona students
- Jun 30, 3:21 PM: Arizona is poised to become the first state with a universal school choice program once Gov. Doug Ducey (R) signs legislation he says will "transform" the state and serve as an education model for the nation.
- Arizona's New Law Funds Students, Not Just Government-Run Schools
- Jun 29, 3:07 PM: Arizona's new law should make alternative school arrangements more accessible than ever to families interested in educating their kids instead of funding bureaucracies.
- Arizona extends school choice to all K-12 students
- > Jun 29, 3:05 PM: Empowerment Scholarship Accounts empower families with the freedom and flexibility to customize their child’s education. Arizona families can currently use ESAs to pay for private school tuition, tutoring, textbooks, homeschool
- Arizona Extends School Choice to All K-12 Students
- > Jun 27, 8:37 AM: Empowerment Scholarship Accounts empower families with the freedom and flexibility to customize their child’s education. Arizona families can currently use ESAs to pay for private school tuition, tutoring, textbooks, homeschool
- Tucson Unified sees second year of high demand for summer courses
- Jun 27, 7:54 AM: Tucson Unified School District saw one of its highest summer school enrollment numbers this year, with more than 11,000 students in grades K-12 taking classes during June.